Thursday, November 12, 2009

Chasing Cars

I have a desire to blog today, but don't know if I have adequate words. As I sit here at my computer I am arrested by the name of this blog. SPENTLIFE. It causes me to pause and meditate for a moment. Does this apply to me? Nice words, yes. A very noble goal for one's life, but does it apply.

Am I an American? An American, who is chasing the dream like a dog chasing a speeding car? A car that will never be caught and if it actually is, it may very well be worse then never catching it at all. Chasing is not SPENTLIFE. Chasing simply makes me tired and frustrated. Chasing is seeking my own ways first. Seeking the advancement and the top placement of my own Kingdom. Am I an American? An American, who is chasing?

Or do I seek another Kingdom first? What would it look like if I were truly seeking another Kingdom first? Would my words be different? Would my patience be different? Would I love differently? Would my actions be different? Would my thoughts be different? Would my motives be different? If my life were not my own, how would that look?

For what Kingdom do I SPEND my life on? What am I advancing?

The answers to these questions, I can not be sure of.

No comments: